Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ever!

So, about two weeks ago I realized I had never made chocolate chip cookies from scratch and thought it was about time I did. I follow the blog Bakerella all the time. She had this recipe on her blog and let me tell it is so easy and takes no time at all to whip up. Since last week I have made these cookies twice. I am making them as I type! She also has this recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies I will for sure check out this Fall. Please try these! You will make them at least once a week. Sorry Pillsbury premade cookies but I will never buy you again. So sad that our relationship has to end, but I have moved on to something new and definitely better!



Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup butter, room temperature

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

2 cups chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk and set aside.
With a mixer, beat butter and both sugars until well blended.
Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Add flour mixture in two additions until combined.
Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
Use a mini ice cream scoop to drop cookie dough on a parchment covered cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Tip: About half way through baking, sprinkle reserved chips on top of cookies. This is just to make them prettier so, some of the chips are seen on top

No comments:

Post a Comment